While breast augmentation is a very popular plastic surgery, not many know much about lip augmentation. This is a surgery some people undergo obviously to improve the looks of their lips and consequently improve self-confidence levels. Read on to find out why people have a lip augmentation.
1. Women who find an imperfection in their lips contouring undergo the surgery to contour their lips. Usual cases of imperfections are cases where the top lip does not match the bottom and vice versa.
2. There are many women who find their cosmetics like lip liners do not give them the pouty lips they are looking for. This is when they decide to have their lips surgically enhanced and fuller through lip augmentation.
3. Many a time excess sun exposure, aging and even genetics can lead to lips that look wrinkled. In case you suffer from such a predicament, you can undergo a lip augmentation surgery to smooth out these wrinkles using the injected product of your choice.
4. Then again, there are many women who undergo a lip augmentation to make all those fine lines and wrinkles around their mouth disappear or become less noticeable so that they get a more youthful looking mouth.
5. An increasing number of women today undergo lip augmentation surgery so that they get full and supple lips, which are a sign of youth. This look cannot be provided through basic cosmetics which only create the desired but not actual effects of youthfulness.
6. While some women have naturally fuller lips, there are also many women who have thin lips. Such women undergo a lip augmentation surgery to get fuller lips. In such cases, fat from some other part of the body is injected into their thin lips to make their lips look suppler. The lip contouring looks much more natural through this form of lip augmentation.
7. Many women also undergo lip augmentation to help treat their cleft lip-palate. This type of lip augmentation is a medical and cosmetic surgery which reconstructs the lip to give it s more natural appearance. With 1 in 700 children born with cleft lip-palate, this is a very popular surgery nowadays.
8. Last but not least, lip augmentation is also performed to correct any lip injury. People who have undergone some traumatic injury to their lips quality for the surgery which helps construct a more normal pair of lips. Such a reconstructive form of plastic surgery may be covered by insurance too.
Whatever your reason may be for a lip augmentation surgery, it is important that you choose a Board certified surgeon to perform the surgery. Make sure you discuss your condition and expectations with your surgeon before undergoing your surgery so that your surgeon can decide on the most appropriate lip augmentation procedure for you providing the most desired effects.